Sunday, May 07, 2006

Visiting the KSU Veterinary College Medical Library


Gayle Willard invited me to tour the Kansas State University Veterinary College Medical Library; it turned out to be so much more than a library tour! First, I lunched with the library staff, which was a great chance to hear about some of their services and projects. After a look at the library, including viewing the extensive collection of human and animal medicine materials, Gayle introduced me to the Dean of the college. Dr. Ralph Richardson gave Gayle and me an energetic and enthusiastic tour of the amazing facility that is KSUCVM. There are so many facets to veterinary medicine that I wasn't aware of, including a wholistic emphasis on pets and their owners.

For me, it was the first library tour that included seeing horses, cows, dogs, cats and various other critters! Fantastic!

No comments: