Friday, September 23, 2005

September!




September has been a traveling month for me! I had a ringside seat at the launch of the Kansas quarter at the state fair in Hutchison. The pictures are of Bob Costas speaking and the Governor arriving in a stagecoach with the new quarters.

Then a great meeting with the Kansas Library Trustees Association (KLTA) in Salina at the invitation of Hans Fischer. That group is brimming with new ideas and plans for promoting libraries in the state. After that I flew to Salem, Oregon for our regular fall meeting of state librarians, and new South Carolina State Librarian Patti Butcher was there. It was so great to see her!
I was privileged to speak to NEKLS librarians at their annual NEST meeting.
Then off to Denver for the quarterly meeting of the BCR Board of Trustees.

But no matter how much traveling there was in September, I still had time to attend the most important event: my granddaughter Andi's fourth birthday party!

No comments: